Amy's Adventures in Darfur

I started this blog when I left for Darfur in June 2006. I was working as a midwife with MSF aka "Medecins Sans Frontiers" aka "Doctors without Borders" but this blog contains my own opinions and stories- not those of MSF. It is less political than I want it to be and I have been unable to post stories about certain topics due to the fact that this is on the internet and accessible to anyone. I wish I could tell you all of the stories but since I can't, I will tell you the ones that I can...

Saturday, June 03, 2006

ok, have patience, i'm just figuring this whole blogging thing out. frankly, i'm just setting it up and then i'm going to make my mother do all of the work while i'm gone. i'll have limited email access and no internet access while i'm gone, so when i can send emails i'll send them to mi madre and she can post them on here for me (this is assuming that she's willing to be my blog-slave, which she may very well not be).

i leave for sudan in 2 days, and i'm hoping to have a chance to write a lot about it. most of you are aware that when i'm overseas i write EPIC emails (no joke) with stories about my time and my experiences there. you can read my stories on here, or you can skim them, or you can not read them at all. it makes no difference to me as i pretty much write them for my own sake anyways. i often find that writing the stories out can be therapeutic, and i also use them later in my scrapbooks. well, i plan to use them later in my scrapbooks. i just happen to be (literally) 9 years behind in scrapbooking. one day when i break both of my legs, i'm just going to spend that 6 weeks in bed scrapbooking.

alright, time to get back to panicking (so much to do, so little time to do it in). i think i'll pack while i panic (no one can accuse me of being unable to multi-task).

smooches,

Ames

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home