Amy's Adventures in Darfur

I started this blog when I left for Darfur in June 2006. I was working as a midwife with MSF aka "Medecins Sans Frontiers" aka "Doctors without Borders" but this blog contains my own opinions and stories- not those of MSF. It is less political than I want it to be and I have been unable to post stories about certain topics due to the fact that this is on the internet and accessible to anyone. I wish I could tell you all of the stories but since I can't, I will tell you the ones that I can...

Monday, June 05, 2006

my contact info over there

for those of you who actually still send mail the old-fashioned way (and i'm pretty sure that i'm only referring to my sister right now) and who requested my mailing address over there, here is the info:

Street 55 house 21
Al Amarat-new extension
Khartoum
Office Phone
+249/183 58 19 88 (i'm sure that many of you will be calling me regularly for the $20/min that it will cost to talk on our satellite phones. on a positive note: those of you who call me at 3am when you're having a breakdown will no longer be waking me up- it'll be mid-day for me :)

Letters and parcels sent through Geneva should be labelled with my full name and the project/country where i am working.Parcels should also include a brief description of the contents.
MSF SwitzerlandMs. Amy Osborne - Mission Habilah - N. Sudan / DarfurRue de Lausanne 78Case Postale 1161211 Geneva 21Switzerland

ps M&M's are always welcome as they are probably the only chocolate that won't melt the moment they set foot on african soil.

shall we all take a quick moment to laugh at the fact that i packed 40kg of luggage, only to discover last night that i'm only allowed to take 20? oh, and the hours and hours and hours of burning french cd's onto my new ipod (let's be honest- fee was the one doing most of the work) was apparently a waste of time as we accidentally deleted all of them. sigh.

ciao all- i'm leavin' today :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home