Amy's Adventures in Darfur

I started this blog when I left for Darfur in June 2006. I was working as a midwife with MSF aka "Medecins Sans Frontiers" aka "Doctors without Borders" but this blog contains my own opinions and stories- not those of MSF. It is less political than I want it to be and I have been unable to post stories about certain topics due to the fact that this is on the internet and accessible to anyone. I wish I could tell you all of the stories but since I can't, I will tell you the ones that I can...

Sunday, December 17, 2006

News that makes me want to vomit

in the newspaper....

"Also on Friday a group of six aid agencies said they had been forced to withdraw from Darfur because of the "unprecedented difficulties" of working in the region.

The group - which included Oxfam, the International Rescue Committee, Goal, Concern, World Vision and the Norwegian Refugee Council - said they were becoming direct targets of violence."


just what the people of darfur need right now....less humanitarian aid and less witnesses.

i came across this quote the other day and now, more than ever, as i think of the people i left behind, it rings true...

"De Corde totaliter Et ex mente tota, Sum presentialiter Absens in remota"

translation "with all my heart/ and all my soul/ I am with you/ though I am far away"

-Carmina Burana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home