Amy's Adventures in Darfur

I started this blog when I left for Darfur in June 2006. I was working as a midwife with MSF aka "Medecins Sans Frontiers" aka "Doctors without Borders" but this blog contains my own opinions and stories- not those of MSF. It is less political than I want it to be and I have been unable to post stories about certain topics due to the fact that this is on the internet and accessible to anyone. I wish I could tell you all of the stories but since I can't, I will tell you the ones that I can...

Saturday, June 24, 2006

contact info again

ok guys, i've received a bunch of tentative emails asking if you can email me at this address ( msfch-darfur-sat@geneva.msf.org) and the answer, again, is yes...please! just remember to put my name in the subject line, delete anything that i've written to you if you're replying to an email of mine, don't send attachments and write daily :) also, i can't get internet access here (we download emails via our satellite phone) so if you have written to my hotmail account in the last week and a half, i haven't read it. for those of you who wanted a mailing address, i would recommend using the geneva address as i think it's the best guarantee that i'll actually receive anything. if you are sending anything other than a letter, make sure to keep it under 1kg (not my rule, obviously :)

my two stories of the day: first, i found another one of those spiders in my room last night, causing me to look Heavenwards and ask "are You serious???". if this is a test then i have no problem admitting that it's one that i'm ok with failing. second, i spent today doing a cd rom workshop on STD's and i was not, i repeat NOT, prepared for the full-blown, colour pictures. the first one that popped up was of a man with gonorrhea (the picture was not of his face) and it was all i could do to not cover my face and run away screaming "MY EYES! MY EYES!". needless to say, it was a light lunch today.

cheers,

me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home