Amy's Adventures in Darfur

I started this blog when I left for Darfur in June 2006. I was working as a midwife with MSF aka "Medecins Sans Frontiers" aka "Doctors without Borders" but this blog contains my own opinions and stories- not those of MSF. It is less political than I want it to be and I have been unable to post stories about certain topics due to the fact that this is on the internet and accessible to anyone. I wish I could tell you all of the stories but since I can't, I will tell you the ones that I can...

Saturday, September 16, 2006

hello all, greetings from darfur! yes, i'm still here (stupid helicopter), but i'm feeling better about life because i keep getting the greatest emails about the Global Day for Darfur and all that is being done to raise awareness right now. i'm SO happy to hear that my city is gearing up for a huge rally and my favourite singer (sarah mclachlan) is going to be performing at it! please, please, please go to the rally. all of you. and bring everyone you know. if you think that you are "too busy" to go, please look at the pictures i have on my blog and know that those children may well not live to see their next birthday. every single person in my stories is a real human being. and every single one of them stands to lose their life if the world continues to just sit back and watch. none of you can claim ignorance. none of you can tell yourselves that you didn't know. you all know. we all know. this is your chance to make yourself heard. this is your chance to get involved. please go the rally and yell until something is done to stop this atrocity.
much love and gratitude,
Ames

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home